Upper School Assembly: Monday 18th May
Dear parents / carers
In case of school closure or the need for families to self-isolate, we have prepared the following learning for the children to complete.
Mr J Wilson and the Year 6 Team
School Re-Opening Survey- Deadline 11 a.m. 18th May
A reminder to parents who have yet to complete the Educational Provision Survey regarding their preferences for children returning to school from 1 June.
Download the suggested Timetable at the top of the page for each day’s Maths lesson.
MyMaths (log in details are stuck inside the children’s reading journals). For every day the school is closed, we ask children to complete two tasks as a minimum. We will be logging on to check the work is completed and setting extension tasks as required
Times Tables Rock Stars (log in details are stuck inside the children’s reading journals). For every day the school is closed, we ask children to complete two times tables as a minimum and enjoy as many of the games as they would like. We will be logging on to check the work is completed and setting extension tasks as required
Please can you continue with your four weekly reads. Reading for 20 mins. Write a response to what you have read in your reading diary. Ask your parent to sign your entry.
Revison on French classroom instructions (30 mn)
- Revison classroom instructions:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXeIEdBUi0
- Revision French alphabet : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=french+alphabet+song
- Revision French Phonics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WnTgEzcqaw&t=56s-
- Reading Activity: Read vocab aloud and then complete reading and writing activities (see below)
Revision : ‘Los meses’ (Months)
- Intro video> recap Months of the year in Spanish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk-0FXQWtxk
- Listen and repeat: click on each month an repeat https://www.spanish-games.net/spanishlessons?topic=Calendar&level=secondary
- Listening activity: Game> select the right month you hear to water and grow plants https://www.spanish-games.net/spanishgames/sow-grow?topic=Calendar&level=secondary
- Multiple choice quiz https://www.spanish-games.net/spanishtest?topic=Calendar&level=secondary
- Wordsearch activity (see below)
You will have received a letter about a log on and password for the music site charanga. This will give you a series of curriculum music lessons online to work through at your own pace.
For children learning to play musical instruments:
Increase your knowledge of music theory and start working towards your Grade 1 Theory exam.