Lower School Assembly: Monday 18th May
In case of school closure or the need for families to self-isolate, we have prepared the following learning for the children to complete.
Mrs Arnold and the Year 4 Team
Keep reading- make sure you are still reading regularly at home and ll in your Reading Diary as you go along.
As you read a book complete one of the activities on your Guided Reading Activity Log Sheet
Turn nouns into ‘ful’ adjectives and ‘fully’ adverbs. Choose some of the adjectives/adverbs that you have made and put them into full sentences. Remember your punctuation.
Complete the reading comprehension ‘A Busy Morning’.
(There are extra comprehensions to choose from below too!)
Collective nouns – Go through the PowerPoint and then try the collective noun activity sheets.
Challenge: Research and find 6 more unusual collective nouns – e.g. A bed of mussels or a stand of saplings – and then write a question for each one. For example, Did you see the beautiful bed of mussels in the rock pool? Did the stand of saplings survive the storm which raged fearfully last night? – Make sure you include capital letters and question marks and try to include a ful or fully word in each question.
Come up with a collective noun of your own. E.g. A tower of tulips, or a sleigh of Westies. Then create a poster for it like the posters on the PowerPoint to illustrate your collective noun. (Be creative!) Here is mine… We look forward to seeing yours on Dojo.
Extra Reading Comprehensions
Times Tables RockStar. We will keep the battles going and recording who wins them! Make sure you are battling at least 4 times a week to help your team.
We are continuing to use White Rose weekly Maths Activities. Download the documents below for an explanation of this week’s Maths activities. Once you have completed the worksheets, we encourage you to mark your answers with an adult and discuss any corrections. It would be great if you could visit this site every day.
Other useful sites
Daily 10 Maths (Mental maths activities) :
I understand that states of matter can change.
Complete the melting ice experiment.
Watch the PowerPoint and then explain how water can change state. Use the task sheet to help you.
This week you are going to research a mountain range of your choice. You can use the information sheets and mountain fact cards to help you. Look at some of the links below as well.
After researching your mountain range, create an information poster/leaflet or booklet. You may include:
- A mini map showing where the mountain is.
- A postcard.
- A weather forecast.
- Drawings of animal/plants that you may find there.
- Information/pictures/diagrams that show different ways that humans are using the land.
Revison les couleurs (Colours) (30 min)
- Tutorial> Read, Listen and repeat https://www.french-games.net/frenchlessons?topic=Colours&level=primary
- Intro video on colours https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqeL4CFluWQ
- Yes or No ? > Listen and select if it’s true or false https://www.french-games.net/frenchlessons?topic=Colours&level=primary
- Hang man game: Writing activity> type in the correct colour https://www.french-games.net/frenchgames/hangman?topic=Colours&level=primary
- Worksheet> Colour accordingly
Revision Spanish days of the week
- Intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4fREj60Crk
- Writing activities: (See below)
- 1) Write the Spanish days in the correct order.
- 2) Unscramble the letters to write the correct Spanish day.
3) Wordsearch: find all Spanish days of the week hidden in the grid.
I can understand the teachings of Jesus
Watch the parable of The Lost Sheep.
What does this teach us? In your own words write what you think the story teaches us. Draw a cloud like bubble around your writing, give it four legs, a tail and a head- now you have your own long lost sheep!
Now read the poem version of the story- it has great rhyme. Practise reading some/all of it aloud. Try to develop expression as you read.
You will have received a letter about a log on and password for the music site charanga. This will give you a series of curriculum music lessons online to work through at your own pace.