End of Year Awards Assembly
Mr Adorian’s Final Assembly
In case of school closure or the need for families to self-isolate, we have prepared the following learning for the children to complete.
Mrs Arnold and the Year 4 Team
Over the next two weeks we are giving you a range of fun activities to complete at your own pace. Many of these activities will help you reflect on your time in Year 4.
All About Me
Complete the All About Me booklet. Decorate using coloured pencils, pens or crayons. Your Year 4 teachers and your new teachers in Year 5 look forward to reading all about you.
English / PSHE
Here are some extra activities to complete.
- Create a survival guide poster. Using the example provided, create a survival guide for your teacher’s next class.
- Time Capsule Create a letter, poem, newspaper or story to record your experience of lockdown. Read the instructions and examples given. Mr Adorian will choose a selection to be buried in the school grounds in a time capsule.
- Complete the Feelings Flower using the instructions provided. Think carefully about your own feelings and what makes you you!
- Complete My Favourite Memories of this Year sheet and decorate. (Download 5)
- Write a summer holiday bucket list. What would you like to do or who would you like to see/visit in the holidays? Make your own list and decorate.
- Imagine you have to introduce yourself to someone new in the form of an animal. E.g. Hello! My name is …… If I was an animal I would be a bee, because I’m always buzzing around! However, I would like to be more of a tortoise because I need to slow down! Draw a picture of yourself as your animal and write the sentences you have made underneath.
- Using the template of a crystal ball, write on the bottom what you can see yourself achieving by the end of Year 5. Draw a picture of this in the centre of the ball.
Keep reading – make sure you are still reading regularly at home and fill in your Reading Diary as you go along.
Times Tables RockStar. We will keep the battles going and recording who wins them! Make sure you are battling at least 4 times a week to help your team.
Complete all of the clues to find the answers to the Maths Mysteries.
Other useful sites
Daily 10 Maths (Mental maths activities) :
The New Forest
Why was the New Forest so important during World War II?
Relook at the PowerPoint from last week and read the diary accounts of the following people:
- Charles Calder – Pilot – Ashley Range
- Joan Davis – Women’s Air Force – Calshot Spit
- Noreen Baxter – Spy – Secret Agents
Now read the extra information about Ashley Range, Calshot Spit and the Secret Agents. What does all this information tell us about the importance of the New Forest during World War II? Show your findings in a poster/leaflet or a fact file.
(Download 28-30 )
“ Les vacances” Summer activities
Tutorial on holidays activities
Interactive Games> Listening/Reading/Writing: https://www.french-games.net/frenchgames
Test yourself: Multiple choice
Activity sheets (see below): use the vocabulary list to complete activities.
“ Las vacaciones” Summer activities
Tutorial on holiday activities
Interactive games> Listening/Reading/Writing: https://www.spanish-games.net/spanishgames
Test yourself: Multiple choice
Activity sheets (see below): use vocab list to complete activities
- Do the maths and colour in accordingly
- Look at the vocab list for 2 min, then try link up expressions to shadows
Summer Themed Activities
- Complete some of the summer mindfulness colouring sheets.
- Complete some of the summer themed word searches.
- Summer has inspired many artists. Use the internet to research pieces of art based on Summer. Draw or paint a summer picture either based on your research or the summer pictures on the sheet provided.
Please use your log in to Charanga where you can find your music unit of work for this term. You have a new topic called’ Mamma Mia ‘ to work through this half term. You have the first week in your assignments. There is also a listening unit of pieces for you to enjoy for June and a unit to help you practise your times tables if you wish.
Below is a copy of each week’s work: