To create a caring community of motivated young learners who develop the confidence, skills, attitudes and qualities to realise their full potential.
We want to be a school community where everyone:-
- Has high expectations and always gives their best
- Reaches their full potential as learners through stimulating teaching and a wide range of experiences
- Builds on their strengths and talents and is motivated to succeed
- Enjoys their learning and knows that their achievement is celebrated
- Develops the skills to learn both independently and collaboratively
- Benefits from a culture of mutual respect, care, fairness and tolerance
- Contributes positively to the school, the local community and the wider world
- Appreciated and cares for the environment
- Is included and respects diversity
- Feels happy, safe and secure
- Understands their right to be an individual and has a sense of self-worth
- Takes responsibility for their own actions
These aims are reflected in the CJS Charter which was drawn up by pupils and staff and is displayed in every classroom. The Charter outlines our expectations from every member of our school community.
Christchurch Junior School Charter
We have a right to be individual but should take responsibility for our actions.
This means we should:-
- Help each other
- Respect everything and everyone
- Keep healthy and safe
- Always do our best
- Look smart and leave a good impression